Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Babies in a bar, stupid people, no more Nickleback!!

So I was out at BW-3's this weekend with friends to watch the UFC fight on pay-per view, and I saw something that I just had to talk about on here. Now, I will admit, that I do make fun of people (who I don't know) becasue people can do some really funny stuff and not even know it. I love to people watch on top of that. There are often times when I will laugh at another person's expense. I know people do the same to me, like if I tripped and fell when walking down the street and you saw me, you would laugh, right? You know those kind of situations where you know you shouldn't laugh but you just can't help it? Well I had one of those moments on Saturday night. I'm sitting there with my friends, having a beer and watching the fight. We're sitting at a long table because there's 7 or 8 of us. In front of us are two smaller tables which each seat 4 people. To my left side is a table of two guys and a girl, and to my right is a young couple with their baby. Yes, BABY...probably not even a year old. So, we're all sitting there watching the fight when one of the guys at the table on the left gets up. He turns and starts walking (I'm guessing to the bathroom) and TRIPS on the baby carrier. The baby was IN the baby carrier. Now, yes, I know some people would say "oh my god, the baby, is she ok??" But what I was looking at was this guy, who I know felt so badly for and I know he felt awful. He kept apologizing and then hurried off the restroom. The baby was fine, he didn't really hit it that hard. So here's my thing....why was the baby in her baby carrier ON THE FLOOR? Of a bar no less?? Secondly, why did they bring their baby to a bar? I don't care if the husband/father is a big UFC fan...you don't bring a baby to a place like that. It's way to loud, there's smoke in the air, people are drinking and getting drunk (like that guy). Anything can happen. So, I'm laughing at this because, who would of thought that you need to look out for baby carriers on the floor when you get up to go the bathroom? ? How about, NEVER??!! And, can you imagine how shocked the guy must have been when he realized what he had done? Shocked and embarrassed. So then, the parents of this poor innocent child, then put her and her carrier UNDER THE TABLE which is where she stayed until they left. Unbelievable! So I hope you can see where I found humor in this...It's just not something that happens every day, you know? If you've seen that movie "Sweet Home Alabama" with Reese Witherspoon then you know the line..."Look at you! You've got a baby....in a bar!"

On another note....I despise Nickelback and I know there are others who feel the same way. I am sick of hearing them every ten minutes on the radio. They are not a good band, and the lead singers' voice is annoying. I don't know that I've ever hated a band so much. I'd rather listen to death metal. They need to go back to Canada. They are from there aren't they? Well, even if they aren't, they should go there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Wow...that looked really bad!" Oh, and I COMPLETELY echo your F*ckuback, I mean, NICKLEBACK sentiments. There's gotta be a maple leaf forest up in Canada that is just waiting for them to play....